Tuesday, June 28, 2011

TeleRead Remains Silent

Teleread has remained silent all day today after Paul Biba tweeted:

And posted this blog:

I just was alerted by one of our major contributors, Andrys Basten, that a new login system has been put in place by our owners, Napco, which looks as if it is collecting information about commenters’ Facebook, Twitter, Google, etc. accounts.  I’ve checked it out by logging in as a regular user and it seems to be the case – at least to me.
Our owners, Napco, did not tell me anything about this change and I have just sent them an email saying that this is completely unacceptable and 100% contrary to what TeleRead stands for.  Since it is late here, about 11:30pm, I probably won’t receive an answer until tomorrow, but rest assured that this is NOT something I condone.
I am postponing any further postings until I get an answer about what is going on – I place the highest value on the privacy of your personal information.
Later the blog was taken down and the website hasn't published all day.

Hopefully Napco takes Paul's advise wisely (I for one appreciate his privacy concerns) and things go back to normal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment