Saturday, June 25, 2011

3 'Inclusive' Reading Networks!


Not everyone owns the same e-reader, even among friends, so why would I join a social reading network which only works with a single e-reader?  It's really no use to me because my friends use other devices!  So click after the break to check out the best social reading networks that I've used:
Goodreads:  This is the one I've used for the longest.  It's great!  There is the chance to add a lot of detail into your book reading experience and interact with others who have the same interests.

Booklikes:  This is a new site (still in Beta) and it already looks great!  It doesn't have the nuance that Goodreads has or the member base but it's very easy to navigate and will likely become a popular destination!!

Shelfari:  There is something about the site I don't like, if you don't have many friends on the site it isn't obvious there is much to do.  The homepage ends up looking sparse and boring.  I've never been able to get used to the site, perhaps because none of my friends use it.  The one thing I do like is that it imports my Amazon.com (not .ca sadly) book purchases into it - making it easier to add books (handy).


And one last place that is not part of the 3 because I've never signed up or used it, and it looks like it's probably e-reader specific (although it may not be), but it looks very interesting:

Copia.  Check it out.   It's definitely more involved than the other 3 sites - they sell ebooks on the site and have a range of apps that integrate reading and social networking - could be really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment